If you want to become a Police Officer in India, Congratulations! you are in the right place. Being a police officer has become one of the most esteemed occupations in India. There are several methods to join the Indian Police Service.
You can submit an application for this admission after completing your 12th grade. A police officer has one of the most esteemed positions in India.
Police officers are government representatives, and it is their responsibility to keep society peaceful and orderly by preventing crime and disturbance.
Here are the positions with the police department where one can apply to become a police officer.
Join Telegram for Free PDFs
Eligibility Criteria to Become a Police Officer
Students who pass the 12th-grade board exams are qualified to apply for jobs as police officers in various positions, including constable and chief constable.
To become a constable, anyone needs not to possess a master’s degree but must pass the relevant entry tests for the positions.
The jobs and criteria to become a police officer are covered here after passing the 12th board exams. Let’s look at the specifics of the requirements to apply for this police job.
Eligibility to Become a Police Officer
Grade 12 from a recognised school, university, or council
Age Limit to Become a Police Officer
The age limit must be no more than 25 and at least 18 years old.
|Post Name||Eligibility||Recruitment Exam|
|Sub – Inspector||Graduation||SSC|
|Ass. Sub Inspector||Class 12th||SSC|
|Police Head Constable||Class 12th||State Level Exam|
|Constable||Class 12th||State Level Exam|
How Long Does it Take to Become a Police Officer?
To join the police force, you must complete at least four years of training, depending on your position and qualifications.
- Typically, if you have a high school graduation, you can easily become a constable in the Indian Police Service.
- You can progress to the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police under the police force if you possess a bachelor’s degree as well as pass the IPS exam given by the Union Public Service Commission.
Top Police Courses After 12th
- BSc Psychology
- BA LLB
- BSc Criminology
- BSc Sociology
Women in today’s generation consider their occupations seriously, and many are eager to join the Indian Police Service. As of yet, the Indian government has not established any particular training programs for police officers.
Instead, candidates could be chosen based on their performance on aptitude exams, fitness evaluations, and in-person interviews. It is advantageous for a candidate to select a program where they may apply their knowledge in the Indian Police Service if they have a clear idea of their career.
Salary in Police Department in India after Becoming a Police Officer
An applicant should be in top physical and medical condition. A tiny mistake during a physical or medical check can result in rejection for a lifetime.
|Post Name||Per Month Salary|
|SP/ASP||Rs. 56,100 to Rs. 1,32,000|
|Police Constable||Rs. 21,000 to Rs. 69,100|
|Head Constable||Rs. 25,500 to Rs 81,1000|
|Sub-Inspector||Rs. 35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400|
|Circle Inspector||Rs. 44,900 to Rs. 1,42,400|
|DSP/ Assistant||Rs. 53,100 to Rs. 1,67,800|
- Dearness Allowances
- Medical Facilities
- Travel Allowances
- Free Ration for the Employee and family etc.
- Active Hearing
- Critical Analysis
- Physical Endurance
- Observation of Details
- Morality Assertiveness
- Courage Teamwork
- Communication among people
- One develops a sense of accountability to the community as a police officer.
- As government employees, police officers have stable employment.
- Police officers can climb the ranks, take on greater responsibility, and earn more money.
- Regular perks and benefits for police officers include paid time off, retirement programs, and wellness insurance.
- Police officers perform various tasks, such as responding to emergencies, patrolling, looking into crimes, and engaging with the public.
- A career as a police officer can be quite fulfilling for those who take pride in assisting others and improving their community.
- Police work can involve high-stress levels, long hours, possibly dangerous conditions, and trauma exposure.
- Police officers are held to a high standard by the public, and any errors they make could negatively impact their professional and personal lives.
- To efficiently carry out their jobs, police officers must stay physically fit, which can be difficult for some.
- Police personnel frequently find themselves in dangerous circumstances where they may need to use force to defend themselves or others.
- Some people’s perceptions of police officers might be harmful, making their work more difficult and unpleasant.
One of a child’s first dreams for the future is to join the police force. However, most learners need help choosing which path they should take to join the police force.
A police officer has among the most esteemed positions in India. Police officers are government representatives, and it is their responsibility to keep society peaceful and orderly by preventing crime and disturbance.
In addition, police officers have additional responsibilities like keeping public order, identifying situations in which crimes are probable, and conducting investigations concerning crimes.
After I finish high school, how can I become a police inspector?
In India, a bachelor’s degree is required to work as a police inspector. The state government administers the tests for this position. For students interested in becoming police inspectors, they must pass the SI-level exam.
What requirements must you meet to work as a police officer in India?
After graduating from high school and receiving your diploma from an accredited institution or university, you can easily join the IPS as a constable or chief constable.
What is the ideal degree for police?
Criminal justice has become one of the most important degree options for those in law enforcement because it directly addresses important topics. Nearly all of the topics covered in your courses for a criminal justice degree are ones that law enforcement officers need to know every day.
Which age group does the police serve?
The legal minimum age range for police officers is often between 18 and 21. Each state and agency has different requirements, so it is best to verify with the department you are applying with if something needs clarification from the job description.
How old must you be to join the Delhi Police?
Every applicant applying must be at least 18 years old. However, based on state rules, the highest age limit varies by category. Candidates who fall under the general category are only allowed to be 25 years old.