UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023: An advertisement has been released by Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC), Haridwar, for the recruitment of a Civil Judge (JD) via the Uttarakhand Judicial Service Civil Judge Exam 2023.
This recruitment drive provides a great opportunity for law graduates who are looking to start their careers in the judicial field.
The application process began on 1st March 2023, and the last date to submit the application form is 21st March 2023. The recruitment aims to fill 16 vacancies for the Civil Judge (Junior Division) post.
Those who meet the eligibility criteria and are interested can apply for the UKPSC Civil Judge Exam 2023 before the last date of application. This is a promising opportunity for law graduates who aspire to serve as Civil Judges in Uttarakhand.
Join Telegram for Free PDFs
Overview of the UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023
|Name of Organization||Uttarakhand Public Service Commission ( UKPSC )|
|Post Name||Civil judge ( junior Division )|
|No. of Posts||16|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Interview/viva – voice|
|Application Dates||March 1 to 21 2023|
|Exam Dates||To be Announced|
|Age limit||Minimum: 22 years, Maximum: 35 years|
|Educational Qualification||Law Degree (LLB) from a recognized university|
Important Dates of UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023
|Online Application start||1 March 2023|
|Registration Last Date||21 March 2023|
|Fee Payment Last Date||21 March 2023|
|Exam Date||Notified soon|
|Admit card||Notified soon|
Application Fee of UKPSC Civil Judges:
|General, OBC, EWS Candidates||Rs. 172.30/-|
|SC, ST Candidates||Rs. 82.30/-|
|PH Candidates||Rs. 22.30/-|
Application Process of UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023:
The online platform is utilized for the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment application process. Applicants must access the official UKPSC website and complete the online application form.
The application fee can be conveniently paid through multiple modes, such as Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, and more, using the online payment portal.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university in India, be enrolled as an advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961, or have an Indian Bar Council certificate of practice.
To be eligible for the role of Civil Judge, the candidate must meet the required medical standards and possess physical fitness.
To apply for the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment and secure a position as a Civil Judge in Uttarakhand, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of possessing a working knowledge of Hindi in Devanagari Script as well as English. Fulfilling these criteria is essential for applying for the exam, and candidates should prepare well for the selection process.
Vacancy Details of UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023
|Salary||Rs. 77840 – 136520/-|
|Qualification||To qualify, one must possess a comprehensive understanding of the Hindi language in the Devanagari script, as well as a fundamental comprehension of computer operations, to be awarded a degree in Law from the university.|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus Of UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023
The UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment exam is a fiercely competitive test that involves a three-stage process. Initially, candidates take the Preliminary Examination, an objective exam comprising multiple-choice questions.
Following that, the Main Examination takes place, which is a descriptive exam consisting of four papers. Finally, the Viva-voce/Interview stage is conducted to evaluate the candidate’s personality, legal knowledge, and communication abilities.
The main emphasis of this article is to cover the Preliminary Examination and furnish the UKPSC Civil Judge Prelims Syllabus for the two papers on General Knowledge and Law.
|Paper I – General Knowledge||Science and TechnologyIndian PolityNeutrality Law and DevelopmentCurrent EventsIndian Constitutions Legal AspectsSocio-Economic DevelopmentUttarakhand GeographyIndian National MovementCulture & Heritage- India and Uttarakhand|
|Paper II – Law||Law-related current affairs in India and the worldNeutralityRecent legislation pronouncements, particularly to the Indian ConstitutionInternational LawLaw and developmentCivil Procedure CodeIndian Penal CodeCode of Criminal ProcedureEvidence ActTransfer of Properties ActPrinciple of Hindu Laws and Principle of Muslim Laws|
UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023 Mains Syllabus
The Mains exam consists of papers that demand descriptive-style responses. The comprehensive syllabus for each of the Mains exam papers is provided below.
|The Present-Day||JurisprudenceInternational lawNeutralityRecent legislation Indian constitutional law and developments|
|Language||Translation from English to Hindi or Hindi to English English precis writing|
|Substantive law||Law of contractsLaw of partnership law relating to the transfer of property including the principle of equity Law concerning casements and torts Law of trustHindu law|
|Evidence and procedure||Law of evidence The criminal procedure code The civil procedure code|
|Revenue and criminal||Zamindari abolition and land reforms act applicable in Uttarakhand Indian Penal code|
|Computer Knowledge||Windows and the InternetMS WordMS PowerPointMS ExcelMS Access|
UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern for Prelims
The article is split into two parts: Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 consists of queries about domestic and international law-related current events and accounts for 50 marks in the test.
Conversely, Part 2 covers questions concerning various laws and legal procedures, such as the Evidence Act, Indian Penal Code, and Civil Procedure Code, among others. This portion carries a more substantial weightage of 150 marks in the examination.
|Part 1||Current legal affairs at the national and international levels, especially in the area of international law, are discussed in the following questions. They encompass a range of legal topics, including recent developments in legislation and other legal matters.||50|
|Part 2||Some of the specific legal codes and acts referenced in these questions include the Civil Procedure Code, Indian Penal Code, Evidence Act, Criminal Procedure Code, Property Transfer Act, and Hindu and Muslim law principles.||150|
UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
Once a candidate has successfully cleared the preliminary exam, they can take the mains exam. The following exam pattern outlines the main exam’s marking scheme for each subject.
|Evidence and procedure||200|
|Revenue and criminal||200|
|Practical examination for basic knowledge of computer operation||100|
Note: The preliminary examination serves as a qualifier, granting candidates who pass eligibility to participate in the main examination. The main examination comprises five papers, and the marks received on these papers will factor into the final merit list. Candidates who clear the main examination will proceed to the interview/viva-voce round.
How to Prepare for the UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023
There needs to be more than a fixed strategy to excel in the UKPSC exam. It demands persistence, resolution, and diligent efforts to pass the exam. Nevertheless, incorporating some valuable tips can boost your preparation. Here are some suggestions to consider implementing:
- The first step to preparing for the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam is to grasp the syllabus: A comprehensive understanding of the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam syllabus is essential for effective preparation. It is imperative to cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus to achieve success in the exam.
- Establish solid groundwork in the essential principles: Establishing a solid grounding in fundamental legal concepts and terminology is crucial. Doing so can enhance your comprehension of legal topics and simplify the process of answering related questions.
- Engage in mock tests as part of your preparation: Engaging in mock tests can aid in comprehending the format of the exam, the complexity of the questions, and the question types that are typically asked. Additionally, it can assist in time management and foster self-assurance when approaching the real exam.
- Improve your ability to read effectively: When reading legal documents, it’s important to cultivate effective reading skills to identify crucial information and points.
- Do not ignore current affairs: Keeping up with current affairs is important to stay informed about what’s happening in your state and country. Additionally, keeping track of global news can be achieved by following Daily Current Affairs, which can help you prepare for the General Knowledge section of any upcoming exams.
- Prepare notes: To save time and revise quickly, it is advisable to make notes while preparing for the exam.
- Ensure that you maintain good health: It’s important to prioritize your health when studying for exams. Remember to nourish your body with nutritious foods, maintain proper hydration, and ensure you get sufficient rest.
- Consider enrolling in a coaching institute: Enrolling in a coaching institute can grant you access to study materials, notes, mock exams, and consistent guidance.
- One way to prepare for judiciary exams is to solve previous year’s question papers: Practicing previous year’s question papers can aid in comprehending the paper format, identifying question types, and assessing the difficulty level. Moreover, it can assist in refining time management skills.
UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023 Age Limit:
To be eligible for the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment, candidates must have attained the age of 22 years and not exceeded 35 years as of January 1, 2023. Nonetheless, the recruitment regulations allow age relaxation for applicants from reserved categories.
Cut-Off for Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam
The marks that serve as the threshold for qualifying and advancing to the next examination stage are referred to as cut-off marks. To access the cut-off marks for the Uttarakhand Judiciary Exam from the previous year, kindly consult the table provided below:
|General / Female||128.25|
|SC / ST||108.25|
To submit your application for the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the official UKPSC website.
- Click the “Recruitment” tab and select “Online Application” from the dropdown menu.
- Look for the link to the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment and click on it.
- Read the instructions provided carefully before clicking on the “Apply” button.
- Fill in all the required personal details, educational qualifications, work experience, etc., in the application form.
- You will be required to upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature according to the format provided.
- Click the “Submit” button after reviewing all the information on the application form.
- Use the available online payment methods to pay the application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Note: Before applying for the UKPSC Civil Judge J recruitment, candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria. They should also gather all the necessary documents and information to fill out the application form
UKPSC Civil Judges Recruitment 2023 FAQs
What are the subjects covered under the UKPSC Civil Judge Syllabus?
According to the syllabus for the UKPSC Civil Judge exam, the following are the subjects covered: Present Day, Language, Substantive Law, Evidence & Procedure, and Revenue & Criminal.
How is the Civil Judge exam pattern determined by UKPSC?
According to the exam pattern of the UKPSC Civil Judge, the examination is categorized into three stages, namely the preliminary examination, main examination, and personal interview.
UKPSC Civil Judge preliminary exams cover what topics?
The topics covered in the UKPSC Civil Judge preliminary examination comprise current affairs related to law, international law, Indian Penal Code (IPC), as well as other prominent laws and acts.
Is it possible to take the Uttarakhand judiciary exam more than once?
The eligibility criteria for the Judiciary Exam based on age and the number of attempts are as follows: Candidates belonging to the General category can make up to four attempts until they reach the age of 30. Candidates belonging to the OBC category are allowed a maximum of seven attempts until they reach the age of 33. In contrast, there is no limit on the number of attempts for candidates from the SC/ST category who can appear for the PCSJ exam until they reach age 35.
Is the UKPSC syllabus tough?
Attaining success in UKPSC may seem daunting due to the challenging syllabus. Still, you can accomplish your goal by adopting effective preparation strategies, utilizing suitable study materials, and practising efficient time management skills.
Could you please provide me with the UKPSC Exam Syllabus for various civil service positions?
On the official website of UKPSC, you will find regular updates about the comprehensive syllabus for various posts.