Hello Students, hope you are doing great efforts to clear SSC CGL 2022. We all know that
On September 17, 2022, the Staff Selection Commission put the official notice for SSC CGL 2022 on the official website, www.ssc.nic.in. Based on the SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022, the Staff Selection Commission of India will give the SSC CGL 2022 Exam in two parts: Tier-1 and Tier-2.
If you want to work for the central government in one of the Group B or Group C positions, you should look for a detailed exam pattern so you can start studying right away.
SSC CGL 2022- Overview
The SSC CGL Tier-1 exam is a multiple-choice test, but the SSC CGL Tier-2 exam will be given in three parts: Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
Paper I (required for all positions), Paper-II for those who want to be Junior Statistical Officers (JSOs) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, and Paper III for those who want to be Assistant Audit Officers or Assistant Accounts Officers.
It is very important for new candidates to look over the SSC CGL exam details, which is shown below.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022|
|Organization Name||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||December 2022|
|SSC CGL Notification 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||Tier 1 – 60 min |
Tier 2 –
> Paper 1- 2 hrs 30 min
> Paper 2- 120 min
> Paper 3- 120 min
|Mode of Exam||Online|
SSC CGL Exam Changes for 2022
According to the new changes, the SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern has two parts, which are: Both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 tests will be given online. The SSC CGL Tier-1 exam for 2022 will be taken online and will have 4 sections with a total of 200 marks.
The SSC CGL Tier-2 exam will be given in three parts: Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3 having 450 marks, 200 marks and 200 marks respectively. Though 60 marks of the Computer Knowledge Module will not be added to preparing the final merit.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier I (Same)
Tier I is the first part of the SSC CGL Recruitment Test. The test will be given online, and the questions will be multiple-choice. Below, you can see there are four parts to the SSC CGL:
|S No||Subject||Total Marks|
|1||Intelligence and reasoning in general||25 x 2 = 50|
|2||General Awareness||25 x 2 = 50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||25 x 2 = 50|
|4||English Comprehension||25 x 2 = 50|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2022 (Revised)
|S No.||Papers in Tier 2||Total Questions||Time Allotted|
|1||Paper-I: (Compulsory for all posts)||150||2 hrs 30 min|
|2||Paper-II: Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||100||2 hrs|
|3||Paper-III: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||100||2 hrs|
The Staff Selection Commission will give the SSC CGL Tier-2 exam in three parts: Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
- Paper I is required for every post.
- Paper II is only for those who want to be a Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Paper III is only for those who want to be an Assistant Audit Officer or an Assistant Accounts Officer.
- For each wrong answer on Paper-I, you lose 1 point, and on Papers II and III, you lose 0.50 points.
Important Points Related to the SSC CGL Exam 2022
When giving SSC CGL 2022 exam, Candidates should take care of some important points. We have mentioned them below;
- The test will be made up of online, computer-based questions having four options with one right answer.
- It’s made up of 4 papers.
- Tier 1 and Paper 1 of Tier 2 are required for all positions.
- Paper 2 is only for the job of Statistical Investigator Grade II.
- Paper 3 is just for the Assistant Audit Officer position.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I
- 0.50 marks negative marking for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
The Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam, or SSC CGL, is required to hire candidates for Group B and Group C jobs in different Government of India departments. Since the SSC CGL notification has been released, candidates should start getting ready for the test.
- Candidates must make sure they know the new exam format and what will be on the test. It will be hard for them if they don’t know the right syllabus and how the test is set up, so they should learn about it ahead of time.
- Candidates should look at the list of recommended books and study from them. These books are in line with the new syllabus and exam pattern, so candidates won’t have any problems.
- Try to talk about as many topics as you can and don’t skip any. Since the SSC CGL exam is given all over the country, it has a very large curriculum. It is not set in stone which topics they will or will not ask about on the exam. Because of this, candidates should study everything so they can answer any question.
- Make a study plan that works for you and includes time for reviewing. Review what you learned yesterday before you start studying again. This will help you remember what you learned.
- Read a newspaper every day and work on your vocabulary to improve your English comprehension. Since this is a part of both levels of the test, it is important to be good at it.
- The most important thing you can do to prepare for a test is to get enough rest. Your health won’t improve if you push yourself too hard. To be able to study well and do well on the test, you need to be fit and healthy.
FAQs on SSC CGL 2022 Revised Exam Pattern
Is there any way to lose points on the SSC CGL 2022?
For every wrong answer on the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam, you lose 0.50 points. For Paper 1 of Tier 2, you lose 1 point, and for Papers II and III, you lose 0.50 points.
Has the SSC CGL exam pattern changed?
Yes, the SSC CGL Exam Pattern has changed, as stated in the SSC CGL Notification for 2022.
Is the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam qualifying or a score?
The SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam is a qualifying test, and the scores will not be used to decide who gets hired.