NTA UGC NET JRF 2023: The University Grant Commission administers the NET (National Eligibility Test) UGC NET JRF 2023 for the combined December/June session testing cycle.
UGC NET 2023 Notification is now available for download at ugcnet.nta.nic.in for those who are interested in applying for an Assistant Professor position or a Junior Research Fellowship. Starting on December 29, 2022, you’ll be able to register for the UGC NET 2023 exam and begin studying according to their subject-by-subject syllabus.
The UGC National Eligibility Test 2023 selects candidates based on their performance in each section. In order to apply for the UGC NET 2023, interested parties must first ensure they meet the requirements outlined in the UGC NET 2023 Eligibility section before proceeding with the registration process.
The UGC NET Exam Date 2023 is listed below so that you can organise your studies accordingly. To submit your application for UGC NET 2023 online, just follow the steps outlined below.
It used to be that the UGC NET 2023 Exam occurred in two separate sessions per year, in June and December. Candidates who were waiting for the UGC NET 2023 Notification can finally breathe a sigh of relief, as it has been released.
You can submit your online application for the UGC NET 2023 starting on December 29 and ending on January 17, 2023. The UGC NET Exam Date 2023 is when you can schedule your exam try after deciding on the subject combination for which you will be testing.
When completing your UGC NET Registration 2023, you will be required to provide a number of supporting papers. Participants in the NET Exam 2023 will be limited to just those who submit complete applications with supporting documents. We have determined that the UGC NET Notification 2023 can be found on the official website.
|Here is the schedule for the UGC NET exam in 2022
|UGC NET Exam Schedule 2022 has been released by NTA
|Level of Exam
|Online (Computer Based) mode
|Last Date for Apply Online
|17/01/2023 upto 05 PM
|Admit Card Available
The information above is for interested candidates who want to check the UGC NET 2023 registration dates. You should also rely on it before signing up for the UGC NET Exam.
Now, if you have earned a Master’s degree from any Indian university with at least a 55% grade point average, you can apply online for the UGC NET 2023 Exam and show up on the designated exam date. Learn more about the specific eligibility requirements listed below, and then determine if you can register or not.
The official website has announced the UGC NET test date 2023 for the UGC NET’s December cycle, along with the UGC NET notification 2023. The dates for the UGC NET 2022 online computer-based exam are February 21, 2023, through March 10, 2023. Check out the below-mentioned UGC NET 2023 crucial dates.
- Application Start: December 29, 2022
- The deadline to apply online is January 17, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
- The last day to pay fees is January 17, 2023.
- Date of Correction: Notified Soon
- Exam dates online: 21/02/2023 to 10/03/2023
- Available Admit Cards:Before an exam result is announced or Notified Quickly
For each category, a different application fee is required to take the UGC NET 2023 exam. Once paid, the application cost is neither refundable nor transferable. Payment options include e-Challan, credit/debit cards, and cash. All applicants making payments via e-Challan must deposit cash in the bank. Below are the fee specifics broken down by category:
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs. 275;
- General/Unreserved: Rs. 1100;
- OBC-NCL: Rs. 550.
- The candidate is responsible for covering all processing fees and Goods and Services Tax (GST), if necessary.
To take the UGC NET 2023 exam, candidates must apply after reviewing the UGC NET eligibility requirements: Here are some general guidelines:
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible: a master’s degree from a university or board that is recognised.
- Percentage: Minimum 55% (of which 50% is OBC, SC, ST, PWD, or third gender) is required.
- Qualification: The candidate’s age cannot exceed 31 years old for JRF. Candidates from the reserved category will receive a 5-year age reduction.
- Age criteria: Assistant professor positions do not have an upper age limit.
- Appearing: Candidates who will be enrolled in their final year in 2023 are also able to apply for the UGC NET in that year.
JRF: The maximum age for a Junior Research Fellowship is 31.
Assistant professor: UGC-NET assistant professor applications have no maximum age limit.
- The upper age restriction is relaxed by 5 years for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD categories.
- Candidates having an L.L.M. degree will be eligible for a three-year age relaxation.
- Armed service candidates are eligible for a relaxation of up to five years, depending on the length of service, UGC-NETs will be conducted in the relevant month until the first day of that month.
- It is not permissible to relax an individual’s age beyond five years on any of the aforementioned grounds under any circumstances.
There is a reservation policy for UGC-NET that is governed by the government of India. As a result, 10% of seats in central universities and universities that are considered universities belong to the general-economically weaker section (GEN-EWS), 15% are allocated to scheduled castes (SC), 7.5% are allocated to scheduled tribes (ST), and 27% are allocated to other backward classes belonging to the non-creamy layer (OBC-NCL).
Under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act of 2016 (RPWD Act), persons with disabilities are defined as persons with disabilities.
We have listed all the information that applicants need to know about the UGC NET 2023 application form below:
Step 1: NTA’s official website can be found here.
Step 2: On the homepage, click “Register Here”.
Step 3: Complete the form by entering your name, phone number, email address, Aadhar number, and so on.
Step 4: Enter the provided OTP at the registered phone number and email address to log in.
Step 5: Complete the procedure by filling out the other educational and requested details.Upload your passport-sized photo and your signature as a jpg file in step 6.
Step 7: Double-check all the information on the application form before submitting.
Step 8: Pay the application cost in accordance with your category.
Step 9: A confirmation page will show up on your computer screen when the payment has been made.
Step 10: Print it off and save it safely for later use.
Candidates may change any inaccurate information (if any) in the UGC NET 2023 application form online. For the December session, it will be made available starting in the third week of December 2022. To edit information, candidates must use their login credentials.
All applicants have a single chance to amend any errors they may have made on the registration form by using the rectification feature. Before the deadline and to avoid missing the opportunity, candidates are recommended to amend their information.
Candidates will be chosen for Assistant Professor and JRF positions based on their UGC NET exam results. No additional rounds of candidate selection will be held after the results are announced.
Only those who are chosen will be successful applicants. The top 6% of applicants will be deemed qualified. For the positions of JRF and Assistant Professor, candidates must receive a minimum grade in both papers.
The list of documents needed for the UGC NET 2023 application form is provided below; you must have these with you when filling out the online application.
- NET Subject Code for UGC
- the master’s degree.
- Postgraduate and graduation grades
- Your selection of four exam cities
- Card Aadhar.
- JPG or JPEG format signature
- PP-Size Picture
- Certificate for Category
- Certificate of Domicile
Candidates should review the following details about the UGC NET Exam Pattern:
- Test Mode: The UGC NET exam will be given in an online (computer-based) format.
- Number of papers: The examination will consist of two papers.
- Languages: Candidates can take the test in any variation of Hindi or English.
- Number of Questions: The exam will consist of 150 questions.
- The examination will include questions in the multiple-choice question (MCQ) format.
- Time Limit: Candidates have three hours to turn in their exam.
- Marking System: Two points will be awarded for each right response.
- Negative marking: If you give a wrong answer, there won’t be any points deducted.
- There will be the following numbers of questions and marks on each paper:
|No. Of Questions
In January 2023, 15 days prior to the exam, the UGC NET admit card will be released. The only way to access it will be online. The necessary information must be entered in order to download the UGC NET hall ticket.
At the exam venue, candidates must present their admission cards, the self-declaration (undertaking) they downloaded from the website, and photo identification. Candidates must carefully review all the information on the admit card, and they must call the official right away if there are any discrepancies.
The board will make the announcement of the results following the conclusion of the exams and the publication of the answer key. Once the exam has been completed, the results will be made public.
Students can check their results online by entering their roll number and date of birth. Only those applicants who receive the required cutoff marks will be contacted for the counselling session.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How can I sign up for the UGC NET 2023?
To be honest, only online registration is available.
What is the deadline for submitting the application form?
You have until the third week of January 2023 to submit your application.
What method is used to administer the UGC NET exam?
In order to administer the test, computers will be used.
What is the best way for me to choose the exam day and time?
There won’t be an option to choose the day or slot because they will be assigned through a standardisation procedure.
What is the expected length of the exam?
The candidate will have three hours to finish the test.
In the UGC NET 2023 exam, is there any negative marking?
In the UGC NET exam, there is no negative marking.
How many courses will the UGC NET exam be offered?
It will be set up for around 82 subjects.
What is my UGC NET test score on an all-India basis?
The UGC-NET exam does not provide ranks.
Can I complete the application form beyond the deadline for submission?
No, applicants will not be permitted to submit their applications after the deadline.
How do I make the application fee payment?
The application fee can be paid with a debit card, a credit card, or through online banking.